|Contact: Robin Oliver
Office: (205) 322-5646 ex. 103
Cell: (205) 612-0551
A Social Affair brings Italian flair to second Cocktails in the Gardens
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – September 6, 2007 – A Social Affair continues its partnership with the Birmingham Botanical Gardens Cocktails in the Garden series with an Italian-themed menu at the after-work affair Sept. 13.
This is the inaugural year for the series, which kicked off in August and will continue its run Sept. 13 and October 18 in the Rushton Garden, tucked just behind the BBG library. The event features hors d'ouevres by A Social Affair and cash bar as well as fun take-home arrangement activities courtesy of Flower magazine. The event is free to Gardens members and $5 for non-members.
September’s drink and menu theme, concocted by A Social Affiar, is entitled Teas Olives & ‘Tinis and will include:
• Porchetta sandwiches – traditional Italian roast pork sandwich basted in garlic, fennel, lemon and
• white wine with fontina cheese
• Warm gorgonzola and forest mushroom soffrito
• Isle of Capri fresh calamari, fried on site
• Sundried tomato polenta cakes with roasted pulled chicken tossed with garden pesto
• Wood-roasted pizza with Genoa salami, ricotta salata, fresh herbs and parmigiano
• Sienna white bean hummus with sweet roasted garlic and garden rosemary drizzled with white truffle oil
• Finocchio Jardiniere – fresh fennel and fall vegetable bounty lightly tossed with fine olive oil, lemon
• and pepperocini
For more information about A Social Affair or for help planning your next event, call (205) 871-8494.
A Social Affair is a Birmingham, Ala.-based full-service catering business with 21 years of experience. The company’s capabilities run the gamut from catering small dinner parties to serving up food for 60,000 in the aftermath of Gulf Coast hurricanes. The company also owns Gourmet To Go, a carry out dinner service based in Mountain Brook, Ala.